Adult Education Program Assistant
—with Fourth Presbyterian Church—
To apply: Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com;
phone calls, please.
The Adult Education Program Assistant supports the adult education program of Fourth Presbyterian Church, including logistical and administrative details for classes and special events, liaison to staff and committees, and management of the church library. This position reports to the Senior Associate Pastor for Leadership Development and Adult Education, as well as works closely with the Adult Education Committee of the church.
- Handle the logistical details for the Adult Education classes (known commonly as the Academy for Faith and Life) on Sunday mornings and afternoons, as well as the logistics for other special events, including Michigan Avenue Forums
- In consultation with the Senior Associate Pastor and the Adult Education Committee, manage the publicity for Adult Education programs and act as staff liaison to the communications department of Fourth Church
- Serve as the primary administrative support for the Adult Education Committee, including attending monthly committee meetings and taking meeting minutes
- Coordinate guest instructors and all details therein regarding scheduling, compensation, archive, and if necessary travel
- Coordinate Fourth Church member/guest registration for adult education offerings, process registration of participants, and maintain records related to courses offered
- Maintain schedule in ACS for all Adult Education events that use facilities – including scheduling Adult Education Committee meetings, the Academy for Faith and Life, and Michigan Avenue Forums
- Oversee the library and the work of the volunteer librarian, including decisions about book purchases and periodical subscriptions
- Other duties as assigned or needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, AA plus commensurable experience considered
- Training and/or experience curriculum planning and teaching in an adult Christian Education setting preferred
- An understanding of the basic tenets and practices of the Reformed Christian tradition, especially as it is expressed in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), and a willingness to operate within this tradition is preferred but not required
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, and in a Windows environment, desired
- Familiarity and comfort with audio/visual technology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels, colleagues and other staff members
- Ability to demonstrate organizational savvy, understanding key issues and challenges
- Strong professionalism and work ethic including the ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Desire and aptitude for working within a faith-based and multi-cultural environment
- Use the S.P.I.R.I.T. principles of hospitality when interacting with visitors, guests, members, and staff of Fourth Presbyterian Church and Chicago Lights
- 10 hours per week—Sundays are required
- Office hours include one other day of the week; Wednesday preferred
- This is a seasonal position from August 15 to mid-May, yearly
This is a part-time position (10 hours/week) with an hourly rate of $15/hour. The position is not eligible for other benefits.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Fourth Presbyterian Church is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons, without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status or familial status, veteran status, military status, source of income, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.