Donations can be dropped off at reception at 126 E. Chestnut St. Please see below for current donation needs.
Please check back often for updates on donation needs.
Current Donation Needs
- Double paper or plastic bags with handles from grocery stores; also department store bags in medium and large sizes
- Material for taggies and stuffed animals for Benevolent Guild
Ribbon, machine-washable, suitable for infants (no wire)
Regular sewing thread in light colors
Cotton embroidery floss
- Jars of peanut butter and jelly
- Nonperishable food items
(Nothing opened or expired; granola bars, fruit cups, Pop Tarts, etc.)
- Pop-top canned goods
(No can opener required; nothing open or expired; soups, pasta, fruit, vegetables, etc.)
- Individually wrapped food items for sack lunches: granola bars, fruit cups, salty snacks, cookies, puddings, pretzels and cheese, nonrefrigerated juice boxes
- Men’s and Women’s sturdy clothes
(Jackets, pants, sweaters, T-shirts, polos, shorts, jeans, etc.)
The Chicago Lights Elam Davies Social Service Center (EDSSC) is often in need of clothing, especially men’s clothing. The Share Shop clothing closet had more than 1,300 filled appointments in 2012 (a record high). The EDSSC would greatly appreciate continued support through the donation of any clothing to the Share Shop closet.
- Travel-size toiletries
(Men’s and women’s)
(Men’s and women’s, including bras in all sizes)
- Backpacks/book bags/duffle bags/suitcases
- Linens and blankets
(No bed pillows)
- Small household items
(e.g. coffee maker, microwave)
- Can openers
- Working small TVs (21" max)
- iPads (new or used) for the Elam Davies Social Service Center
- Magazines and gently used easy-reading books for waiting guests of the Chicago Lights Elam Davies Social Service Center
- Gently used guitars and keyboards
The Develop Congregations Mission Priority Team is collecting gently used guitars and keyboards to support the music education programs of our Hispanic congregations: Vida Nueva, Emmanuel, Ravenswood, and Canto de Esperanza. These programs benefit children who are members and neighbors of the churches, and some of the budding musicians are already sharing their gifts in worship. This program provides outreach to the neighborhood, development of gifts within the congregations, and enhancement for congregational worship.
For more information about donating, contact Robert Crouch, Director of Volunteer Ministry (312.981.3382).