Social Service Center
During this time of social distancing and the stay-at-home order, our commitment to provide essential services to our neighbors in need is ever more important.
Thus the Chicago Lights Elam Davies Social Service Center is offering a curbside presence (to reduce lines and the gathering of people) on weekday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. to provide the following essential services:
- Emergency clothing (underwear, socks, T-shirts, gloves, hats)
- Hygiene, incontinence, and menstruation items
- Inclement weather gear (ponchos, handwarmers, coats)
- Pre-assembled bags of food for those who have scheduled Food Pantry appointments
How can you help? We are in particular need of the following items, which can be ordered and shipped directly to the church (Fourth Presbyterian Church, Attn. Social Service Center, 126 E. Chestnut, Chicago, IL 60611). We are unable to accept individual drop-off donations from households at this time.
- Men’s jeans (sizes 34+)
- Sweatshirts/hoodies (L–3X)
- Women’s jeans (sizes 8+)
- Sweatpants (M–XXL)
- Men’s underwear (sizes M–3X)
- Women’s underwear (M and up)
- T-shirts (L–3X)
- Travel-size sanitizer and hand wipes
- Canned and dry goods of all kinds (fruit, vegetables, soup) with pop tops
- Individually wrapped snacks and juice
- Packs of mini-sized bottled water
About the Social Service Center:
Located at Fourth Presbyterian Church (126 E. Chestnut St.), the Social Service Center has, since 1983, carried out the vision of former Fourth Presbyterian Church Pastor Elam Davies: to serve “the least, the lost, and the lonely” with dignity and respect.
welcomes and supports adults
in times of need by offering individual supportive service assistance, including food through our Food Pantry, clothing through our Share Shop, and referrals to other
social service agencies.
You can learn more about the Center by visiting the Chicago Lights website.
For more information, call the Social Service Center at 312.640.2571 or contact Jackie Lorens Harris, Director.